Sunday, July 03, 2005

BBQ

Jen's friends are having a BBQ today in Long Beach. It is about a 45 minute drive. She told them that we would be there around noon, which in Jen's time is really 12:30 or 1:00 PM. Not saying of course that she will actually be there at one, but in her mind that is the time that she has to be there. It is now 1:22, haven't heard from her in two hours. She said she had to take a shower. I told her that i will be expecting her around two, and without a second thought she says "ok be ready" WTF? See her friends made a fatal error. They told her that her friend will be there until 5:00pm, so in Jen's mind anytime before 5 will be on time. I am pretty confident that we will make it there by 5. Of course, I am hungry as hell, because stupid me will not learn his lesson and tack on a couple of hours for Jen time.

Ok, take yesterday for example. We go to see War of the Worlds. I talked to her at 7:00pm and told her to be over around 9:30pm the movie starts at 10, then I call her back telling her that the movie starts at 9:40 or 10:20. She says, 10:20 smart choice. Except for the fact that she shows up at 10:20 and worse yet, insists that she is on time, because the movies have 20 minutes of previews. Which sadly is completely true. Yes things work out and I shouldn't get so stressed by her polyphonic nature (will explain some other time) I know this, but dear God, why can she not show up on time? Reminds me of my sister Marin. She can't be on time if her life, her husbands, middle Earth all depended upon it. I guess it is a good thing she is a geologist because when giving a time estaminet you have a century or two as a margin of error, so what is three hours? Not even a nano second in Geology time. So that is Marin's excuse? What is Jen's excuse? Pathological pokiness.

When she picked me up last night, she is taking her time getting back in her car. We are late. I try to tell her, then she wants to look around for a cold water for me despite me telling her that the warm one is just fine. Look I know she has a heart of gold, one of the kindest hearts of anyone I ever met, but please, sometimes, remember you are running late and those little nice extras would be better put if you actually made it on time. I don't know just a thought.

1:30pm

1:50 she just called me, she just got out of the shower.

"What were you doing?"
"I just took a shower"
"I last talked to you at noon"
"Well I helped my mom to unload the stuff for tomrrow. Took a shower."
"That took you two hours"
"I took a short nap. And I went online for a little bit. I will be there in a little bit."

2:11 Still not here. Surprised? I am not.

2:40 . She is on her way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyung said...

Have you not yet learned to lie to Jen? If you want to get anywhere at a decent time and not be really, really late, you MUST lie to Jen.

If the event is to start at 1:00 p.m. Tell her that it's going to start at 11:00. At least you will only be an hour late. Maybe.

By the way, I had to sign up bec. this thing does not allow anonymous comments. So now there's some random blog out there.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home